Get ready for Mighty Mud Mania!
Join us Saturday June 9th 2011 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the 37th annual Mighty Mud Mania - Scottsdale’s original annual event!
Check out this informative video - http://youtu.be/uluJcL0ZZXE
Mighty Mud Mania is held at Chaparral Park located at 5401 N Hayden Rd. This year, 7-17 year olds will need to be there before 12:00 p.m. to run in the original mud course, because adults will get to compete in the course from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. for a $10 admission fee! Kids can encourage their parents to show off their skills or adults can challenge each other for the first time in 37 years! Registration for Scottsdale’s celebration of water and mud begins at 8 a.m. Participants must bring a signed permission slip or have a parent or guardian available at the event to sign one. In addition, participants must wear lace-up or Velcro shoes (sandals and flip-flops are not allowed). The event is free, but participants are asked to bring a non-perishable food item for donation to the Vista del Camino food bank.
Activities are planned for two age groups, 6 and younger and 7 to 17. The younger group can enjoy the mini mud obstacle course, mud pits, water play area, sand castle building and a town of mud dubbed “Mudville.” Older children can try the original mud obstacle course (from 8am to 12 noon,) sandcastle building and mud pits.
Scottsdale firefighters and city plumbers will provide a “kidwash” and portable showers so everyone can go home clean. Fully rinsed kids who bring clean swimsuits and towels can swim at Chaparral Pool from 10 a.m. to 2p.m. for $1.
City of Scottsdale Parks & Recreation and Solid Waste Services are partnering together this year to promote recycling and respect for the environment. Radio Disney is an event sponsor and will provide a fun, interactive show for children as well. SRP is also sponsoring this year’s event and Clifbar will donate Clifbars so all the children can have a snack during the day.
- Laughter is the best medicine
- Taking Care of Your Oral Health
- New AZ booster seat law starting August 2nd
- Let's get physical: Take back the playground!
- Ways to boost your immunity
- Staying hydrated this summer
- Video: Coyote Curling Club
- Video: checking for pool and spa leaks
- Video: City of Scottsdale talks trash!
- Video: McDowell Mountain Ranch Golf Club news
- Mighty Mud Mania volunteers needed
- Mysteries of the heart revealed
- Pampered Chef supports local nutrition programs
- Free HeartMath booklet now available!
- Scottsdale challenge to "Eat 5 And Stay Alive"
- 5K race results from February 18th event
- 60 pounds of fresh produce for only $10!
- New farmer's market in Scottsdale
- What a wonderful world!
- What is aerobic exercise?
- Dance yourself to fitness!
- Which club should I use?
- Basics of Golf
- Important Hiking Tips
- Many types of martial arts
- What is pilates and how do you say it?
- Spinning 101
- Benefits of swimming
- What is yoga?
- Tips on buying a new racquet
- Tennis? Really?!
- Running 101
- Walking tips and benefits
- Cycling 101
- Seven Principles of Healthy Homes
- Making Change Easier