What is aerobic exercise?
Aerobic exercise is energetic and vigorous, lasting long enough to keep your heart and lungs in good condition. Aerobic exercises burn fat faster than any other type of exercise. Aerobics is a type of physical exercise that integrates rhythmic aerobic exercise with stretching and strength training routines with the objective of improving all elements of fitness (flexibility, muscular strength, and cardio-vascular fitness). Aerobic literally means “with oxygen."
There are several forms of aerobics, including freestyle aerobics, step aerobics, sport aerobics, and water aerobics.
Benefits of aerobic activity
- Heart health
- Blood supply to heart and muscles
- Your body’s use of oxygen
- Muscular endurance
- Mood, self-esteem, and self-concept
- Energy level
- Risk of cardiovascular disease
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol level
- Shortness of breath
- Risk of diabetes
- Blood sugar
- Risk of some cancers
- Body Fat
- Anxiety and Depression
Is physical activity safe for me? For some people, some forms of physical activity might be unsafe or should only be started after a talk with a doctor. If you have any concerns, talk to your doctor before you start any exercise or fitness program.
Where can I find it in Scottsdale? Click here!
Where in Scottsdale can I find Aerobics Classes?
*Please note: Fit City Scottsdale/Scottsdale Healthcare does not endorse any of the facilities listed below.
7202 East Cactus Road
Class descriptions are listed in the City of Scottsdale Parks & Recreation Brochure
For additional information, please contact the Leisure Education Office at:
10155 E Via Linda
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
14843 N Northsight Blvd
15678 North Greenway Hayden Loop Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1654
3811 N 50th Pl
Phoenix, AZ 85018
6850 East Chauncey Lane
Scottsdale, AZ 85054
Multiple locations – inquire through website.
7730 E McDowell Rd, Ste 106
1900 N SCOTTSDALE RD, SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85257
N.E. Corner of 116th St & Shea Blvd.
11611 E. Sahuaro Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
14150 North 100th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
3317 E. Indian School Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85018
- Laughter is the best medicine
- Taking Care of Your Oral Health
- New AZ booster seat law starting August 2nd
- Let's get physical: Take back the playground!
- Ways to boost your immunity
- Staying hydrated this summer
- Get ready for Mighty Mud Mania!
- Video: Coyote Curling Club
- Video: checking for pool and spa leaks
- Video: City of Scottsdale talks trash!
- Video: McDowell Mountain Ranch Golf Club news
- Mighty Mud Mania volunteers needed
- Mysteries of the heart revealed
- Pampered Chef supports local nutrition programs
- Free HeartMath booklet now available!
- Scottsdale challenge to "Eat 5 And Stay Alive"
- 5K race results from February 18th event
- 60 pounds of fresh produce for only $10!
- New farmer's market in Scottsdale
- What a wonderful world!
- Dance yourself to fitness!
- Which club should I use?
- Basics of Golf
- Important Hiking Tips
- Many types of martial arts
- What is pilates and how do you say it?
- Spinning 101
- Benefits of swimming
- What is yoga?
- Tips on buying a new racquet
- Tennis? Really?!
- Running 101
- Walking tips and benefits
- Cycling 101
- Seven Principles of Healthy Homes
- Making Change Easier